Since the 7.8 earthquake the drive-time between the start of the river journey in Molesworth and the end of the trip at Clarence is 8-9 hours, one way. Save yourself the hassle and let us shuttle you or your vehicle – and rest assured that your vehicle and it’s contents are secure whilst you are on the river.
Clarence River Rafting holds a passenger service license. There are several ways of doing this.
- Meet at Clarence, leave your vehicle(s) at our base, and we drive you in our bus to the beginning of the trip.
- We can organise a flight from Parikawa airstrip (3km up the road from our CRR base) to or from the airstrip in Hanmer and then St James Journeys (Andrew Fergusson) can get you to the put-in.
- Meet at Clarence, collect a driver, drive to the beginning of the trip and we then we bring your vehicle back to our base. Since the shake this is now at least a 2 day journey.
- We meet you in Hanmer or the put-in (whatever works) and we shuttle your vehicle(s) to our base at Clarence which is at the finish of the trip.
- In our bus, we can pick you up and / or drop you off at the Picton Ferry or Blenheim Airport.
- Give us a call and let us help you work out what is most practical for you.